Thursday, October 7, 2010

Problems

Right, I'm having some problems with importing objects from Maya to UT3. I know Actor X doesn't work with Maya 2011 so I got the FBX plug-in that works with it, or is supposed to but doesn't. So to address the problem I've tried installing 2010/2009 and importing from that, trouble is I can't find any reliable downloads, and when I do it redirects me and tries to download 2011 WHICH I DON'T WANT!!!

So, anyone have a link to a reliable Maya 2010/2009 source?

4 comments:

  1. Nevermind, Several nerd rages later I managed to get FBX working :D Happiness :) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right, So I can export the models in an FBX format, ony problem is that I can't import them into my generic browser in UT3 I've watched a dosen tutorials and none of them seem to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There IS an ActorX plugin for 2011. I linked it in the blog a while ago. Pretty stupid that they didn't put a link up for the 2011 version even though it was released. I had to download the September UDK for it which seemed like a waste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, right I downloaded that one and forgot about it :S That makes things so much better :D

    ReplyDelete